Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Best Week of Your Life



            This summer’s theme is “Abound in Hope”, but this week’s motto is “The Best Week of Your Life”. Our DCT (Dean, Chaplin, and Teacher) this week is embracing the fact that many of these children have never been to camp before. Many of these children have never been exposed to this type of living, while some of their parents have yet to experience dropping off their babies to a summer camp for a week. Let me reassure you, your babies are doing great and by the looks on everyone’s faces they are having a great time too. I forgot what it was like to be a primary camper; being so alive and youthful is such a beautiful thing. The things I learn from these kids! I have only been surrounded by these beautiful souls for less than 8 hours and I have already forgotten that I do not need to be so stressed over things in my life that should not be being stressed over! For example, this weekend I worried and worried about the blog. “Does anybody read it?” I asked myself. “If they do read it, are they satisfied?” Due to me being a worrywart, I was unable to sleep, tossing and turning on my cozy tempur-pedic. What was I thinking!? I needed to CALM DOWN. At registration today I had a mother approached me and she asked if my name was Lena. Of course, I answered yes. And then she went on and on about how much she loved the blog. The details, the pictures, the variety, everything! She was definitely one happy customer. It was also really great that my boss happened to be standing right next to us and heard all of the positive compliments erupting between our conversation.
 Needless to say, I need to stop being a worrywart. I need to HAVE FUN! Yes, this week is all about the campers, and I am more than dedicated to making them realize that a part of their life has been missing and that they have finally found it. But, I need to remind myself that I should be having the best time of my life as well. If I’m not having a great time, God knows the campers won’t be. My job is not just set in stone as Lena Bozzo-Photographer and full time blogger; I also serve as a role model and inspiration. I need to remember that these kids look up to me like I looked up to the staff when I was ten years old. I will forever be installed in these campers’ brains, and it is my decision on whether that preservation will be good or bad.
Tonight, I leave you with a quote that I feel represents my perspectives­­ on the rest of the week:
“Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead!" - I Peter 1:6
Yes, yes there is.
        Love to all,
              Lena B.

                                                                



2 comments:

  1. Thank you , Lena! I look forward to reading your posts this week. This is my daughter's first time at camp! She's so excited!! Thank you for what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! We miss Eli, but know he is in good hands having the time of his life!

    ReplyDelete