Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hooray!




           Yippee! The day has finally arrived! Campers are here! This day has been highly anticipated by our staff and I am so excited, and a little nervous, that the week has started. Registration came and went in a blink of an eye and the swim check came soon to follow. Looking at all of the campers smiling faces as they approached their long distanced friends made my heart melt. It reminded me of my camper days when I only got to see my Capers friends once a year. We finished the night with a few games of Ball-O-Le followed by chapel.
            Chapel was beautiful. The songs were great, the ambiance was great, and everyone could tell that the campers were fully immersed in Christ’s love. It was a great way to end the day. I definitely still have some scheduling to get use to in terms of keeping up with the blog and pictures, but I have such great support from my Program Staff and counselors that if I get behind, I know they will have my back. I feel that after the first week I will get a hang of things and be posting blogs and snapping pics like crazy! So stay tuned!
            I would also like to give a “shout out” to a wonderful mother who came up to me today at registration (I feel awful for not remembering her name) and told me how she loved my blog and that it made her feel happy about having her son at camp. Thank you all for your encouragement and I hope that I fulfill all of your expectations.
  Love to all,
            Lena B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment