Saturday, June 23, 2012

Until Next Time


I cannot explain to you what a great group of kids we had for this Junior High session. Todays closing was an emotional one. Many counselors teared up as they saw their campers leave and vice versa. We have one more week until our mid-summer break so many of us are tired, and sometimes a bit groggy. As our Dean talked to us about this past week and and great work, he said something that really hit home:


"God doesn't give you anything you can't handle." - Patrick Soule (Dean)


Even though this next week will be like waiting for Christmas Break during the school year, you have to finish strong, just as strong as you started in the beginning. I'm not saying our staff isn't excited or optimistic about the week to come, but our young bodies need some rest. I had deja vu the other day, feeling as if I had just pulled four all nighters in a row studying for finals. Needless to say, right when I get home I will be cuddling up in my bed with my puppy and sleeping until Sunday morning. God has given me the power to achieve all that I wish to achieve; this week I hope to achieve the love and trust of others, while forming relationships with not only the campers, but with God as well. I have a really good feeling about this next week, and I can't wait. 

Love to all,
     Lena B.

No comments:

Post a Comment