Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Last One

         
          As I type up my last post for the summer, I have to say thank you. To all the parents, campers and staff, thanks for giving me a summer that I will remember forever. Gathered in the the Steves Hall Commons Room for the last time, I look around and see smiling faces laughing and enjoying each others presence. This group of kids will never be reunited like this ever again. When a lot of us will come back in the fall for Vocare, Steves Hall will be gone but the memories will still be fresh in our minds.
          We finished off this week with an emotional Bonfire where the staff was serenaded by a couple of session staff and our Staff Director, Emily Vandewalle. Some tears were shed as we all took it in. Never again will I see the stars shining so bright. The flames of the fire gave us just enough dim light in the background to let us see the faces of bittersweet smiles.
         This week was great. I am so glad that we got to finish the summer with Primary campers. These kids gave us the energy we needed to finish this summer strong.

As I sign off for the last time, I want you all to know that this place is special. The staff and kids that come through these gates come at the times they do because God planned it that way. I hope that one day when I come back all grown up, I can see the little Primary and Intermediate campers on staff loving each other just as we did.

The Summer Staff of 2012 will always live on in my heart.

Love to all,
     Lena B.

No comments:

Post a Comment